03. THE DETAILS
How It Works
Apply online below on or before 21 June 2019. Video submissions must be no longer than 3 minutes and cover the following:
- An overview of your business
- How it will solve real FinTech or Agritech challenges in line with the focus areas above
- Proof of your track record in the market
After all the submissions are received, 10-15 candidates will be shortlisted based on the following criteria:
- Applicability to the Fintech and Agritech focus areas:
- Retail and business banking
- Transactional banking
- Smart city solutions, especially solutions related to travel, tourism, retail and logistics
- Fintech solutions for agriculture
- Solutions for sustainability / sustainable farming
- Originality/Competitiveness: Is the start-up innovative? Will it enhance our partners’ product offerings?
- Time to Market: How much time will it take to pilot and implement the product with our partners?
- Proven Track Record: Do you have evidence of your ability to deliver commercial value? Have you already piloted your product or service?
Shortlisted candidates will be prepared to pitch at the Showcase event.
The shortlisted candidates will pitch to Nedbank and other partners on 17 July 2019 at the Showcase event. The event will include a networking lunch and opportunity to expo your business and interact further with our partners.
Successful startups will engage further with Nedbank and our other partners to pursue pilots or other commercial engagements.