6 – 8 September 2017 | SA Innovation Summit 2017 | Volunteer
SA Innovation Summit Volunteer Program
The SA Innovation Summit is celebrating its 10th anniversary with the theme Innovation Revolution. Part of this celebration is a focus on the South African youth and the contribution they can make in the entrepreneurial and innovation space. This is underpinned by the launch of the SAIS-for-Students Volunteer Program, with the aim of exploring the potential, creativity, talents and initiatives brought by the young people in South Africa.
The SA Innovation Summit is looking for dynamic volunteers to participate in the SA Summit 2017 held on 6 – 8 September in the Cape Town Stadium in Cape Town to deliver an amazing event and make a lasting impact.
Why do it?
The purpose of the Volunteer Program is not to provide jobs but rather facilitate engagement in the wide variety of activities that the Summit offers, helping young people to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that are considered to be essential for your later career development. The experience you will gain from being part of this Program, will include teamwork, communication, leadership, flexibility and responsiveness. You will be challenged to be creative and innovative, by means of defining problems, coming up with new ways of dealing with them, and sticking to a chosen course of action. In this way the Summit will support you in closing the gap between the competences you acquire through your studies and the needs and expectations from the labor market that will shape your future career.
You are guaranteed to have fun, meet new friends, gain life experience and be part of something bigger that has a real impact on the life and well-being of South Africans in the long run!
What does the SAIS-for-Student Volunteer Program look like?
The Volunteer Program is designed to provide general event support such as registration support, manning information points, assisting delegates, accompanying speakers and VIPs, providing sound support etc.
There are two volunteer program you can participate in:
One: Summit Pre-production
Get involved in the pre-production of the Summit. Students will co-design, co-create and co-produce the exhibition space and stands, bringing the Summit venue to life.
Two: Summit-on-Site Support
Volunteers will be involved in the following activities on the first 2 days of the Summit (6 and 7 September)
• Receive delegates
• Assist with ticketing and registration
• Hand out programmes
• Man the Information Kiosks
• Support Speakers and VIPs
• Hand out Speaker gifts
• Provide directions and managing delegate flow of movement during the programme
• Provide support in break-out sessions
• Assist at the Pitching Den
• Assist in the Inventors Garage
• Assist in the Match & Invest Lounge
• Provide support to exhibitors, judging panels and speakers
• Engage on Social Media – help take / post images / support the Social Media team
What is in it for me?
You will have the opportunity to make new friends, learn new skills, face new challenges and participate in many new and diverse experiences. You will experience, and become part of a community of entrepreneurs, inventors, innovators, funders, investors, corporates and academia – an ecosystem worth being part of!
You will gain:
1. Invaluable experience!
2. A sense of being part of something bigger, building the future of South Africa and supporting economic growth in a tangible way.
3. A once-in-a-life experience
4. A letter of recommendation
5. Transport to the Cape Town Stadium from the University of Stellenbosch
6. Free training
7. Access to the Summit After Party on 7 September
8. An exclusive Summit T-Shirt
9. The opportunity to rub shoulders with global thought leaders, entrepreneurs and business.
What is expected from me?
1. Hard work!
2. Providing great Customer Service to delegates, support staff and organisers.
3. Attendance of the briefing or training sessions that will be held prior to the event (dates will be announced)
4. If volunteering for Onsite-Support, you need to be available for the full time on both 6 & 7 September. Some volunteers will be asked to assist with setup on the 5th of September.
5. You need to come with enthusiasm and an eagerness to work and play hard!
Apply by completing the form below. Successful applicants will be notified.