South Africa, let’s start thinking about innovative solutions for a safer future!
Start-up businesses that have a unique FinTech or InsurTech business venture brewing are called to enter the third annual Santam Safety Ideas competition. With entries closing on 28 February 2019, all start-ups with working prototypes of safety solutions or other InsurTech ventures that are ready for piloting are called to enter and stand a chance to win R150 000 worth of Incubation support and R 200 000 in seed funding. All it takes is one innovative solution.
We challenge you to help make South Africa safer
Simple, smart ideas have the power to improve the lives of South Africans. At Santam, we believe that’s what Insurance Good and Proper means – not only being there for our clients when something goes wrong but by also offering solutions that will help prevent it from happening in the first place.
HOW IT WORKS
These 5 simple steps are all your innovative solution needs to help improve the safety of South Africans.
- Submit Your Solution Online by 28 February 2019
- Shortlisting: 10 participants will be shortlisted and prepared to pitch to Santam
- Selection: 5 finalists will be selected at a showcase day on 28 March 2019
- Engagement with Santam: the 5 finalists will engage further with Santam to improve their business case
- Final showcase & pilot: the 5 finalists will pitch at a final showcase day and the winning startup will win R200,000 in seed funding to pilot with Santam
Benefits for the startup:
- Market access and potential funding from Santam Insurance and our partners
- Experienced coaching from the LaunchLab team
- Access to the Nedbank Stellenbosch University LaunchLab facility
Applications close 28 February 2019! Enter now!
For further updates on the Santam Ideas Challenge please follow the #SantamSafetyIdeas and the #LLIdeas2018 on Santam & LaunchLab Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram accounts.