Stellenbosch University LaunchLab is seeking a passionate, mission-driven, experienced, self-starter to join its team in a consulting capacity with the opportunity to transition to a full-time role based on exemplary performance. The role is a unique opportunity to help us build Africa’s leading Agri Tech Incubator by leveraging the numerous, incredible resources in and around Stellenbosch University as well as the local community. The ideal candidate will have deep technical as well as business experience in the aforementioned subject area and a track record of leading projects from start to finish with excellent deliverables and minimal oversight.
If you have a deep desire to help us transform seemingly impossible ideas into world-shaping businesses then this will be an exciting opportunity.
Position: Agri Tech Consultant
Output: Market Scoping, Strategy & Implementation Analysis of Agri Tech Incubator
Hours: 50-60 hours over an 8 week period
Timing: 1 May 2020 start date
To create Africa’s leading Agri Tech incubator focused on building scalable products, services and technologies that drive positive global change by leveraging the unique competitive advantages of the Stellenbosch ecosystem .
The Consultant will create a Strategic Plan by working closely with and coordinating across SU LaunchLab, SU students & faculty, local corporates, multinationals, government, and other key stakeholders. The Consulting role could lead to a full-time engagement as Incubator Lead if the program is green-lighted. That decision will be based on the accompanying analysis including a financial model, ROI projections & deliverables designated in the Project Scope.
- Create a strategic plan for SU LaunchLab’s Agri Tech incubator, including:
- Incubator vision and mission
- Operational team structure
- Business model
- Cohort values and entrepreneur parameters
- Pipeline, recruitment, and selection process
- Program content outline: curriculum, mentors and experts
- Marketing and sales opportunities
- Post-program support
- Develop a platform to collaborate with the University and leverage its talent, expertise, and IP to bring products and services to market
- Build relationships with industry and determine strategic and financial corporate partnership opportunities
- Devise incubator implementation process
- Strategic Plan Document
- University platform proposal
- Corporate partnership proposal
- Implementation plan
- Strategic plan development: [TBD] hours
- University collaboration: [TBD] hours
- Corporate partnerships: [TBD] hours
- Implementation plan: [TBD] hours
- Total: 50 – 60 hours over 8 weeks
In order to apply, please send us a CV. We also ask for a video (60 seconds or less) telling us about your experience in Agri Tech. Lastly, you will need to submit a Motivation Letter (250 words or less) answering the simple question ‘Why?’