Location: Stellenbosch, Western Cape
Salary: R25k p/m
Employment type: 3-month contract (probationary period) with mutual extension options.
Voted as Africa’s top university-backed incubator the last four years running, Stellenbosch University LaunchLab exists to transform seemingly impossible ideas into world-shaping companies. Founded in 2015, we have incubated 200+ companies across both technology transfer as well as the entrepreneurial ecosystem at large. A focus on climate, biomedical & agri-tech allows us to utilise entrepreneurism to tackle the challenges that matter most to Africa and the Global South.
LaunchLab has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-starter looking to join a high performing team in a fun, fast-paced startup environment. We are looking for a Course Designer and Facilitator with a strong background in content creation, experiential learning and facilitation in programming. Being a startup environment, the individual will be involved in an exciting new project in collaboration with the SU School for Data Science and Computational Thinking. The Course Designer and Facilitator supports the role of the Project Manager with the implementation and roll-out of the programme to achieve the LaunchLab goals.
About The Role
The successful candidate will be responsible for translating local startups or industry partners training and development needs into engaging learning journeys and facilitate curriculum content for an optimal learning experience.
- A minimum of a Masters degree is required but a Phd qualification in Science/Computer Science/Data Science/Engineering/ or equivalent is preferred
- Proficient in HTML, CSS, Python, Java, React, React Native, Node JS (MERN Stacks)
- At least 2-3 years previous working experience or 1-2 teaching experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Proven working experience in higher education teaching and learning is advantageous
- A passion for developing the mediation and facilitation of learning online and in-person
- In-depth knowledge of learning theories and curriculum design models
- Solid knowledge of course development and NQF alignment
- Extensive knowledge of quality assurance
- Working knowledge of LMS
- Understanding of professional development, learning principles and the ability to translate these into coherent course design, in response to business needs
- Project management skills (Time management, planning, communication and problem solving)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Critical and decision-making abilities
Key Duties include but not limited to the following :
- To create engaging learning experiences and compelling course content
- To work with subject matter experts to identify target audience’s training needs
- Develop course frameworks and storyboard learning activities
- Set instructional end goals and create content that matches them
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product
- Analyse and apply trends and best practices in learning technologies and design
- Devise modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of the course
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process using standard templates
- Evaluate impact of learning solutions and implement improvements as required
- Engage and maintain relationships with local startups and industry partners and related stakeholders, in order to optimise content and ensure the implementation of sound learning methodologies
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
- Maintain and manage own deliverables with support of Project Manager
- Facilitate programmes online and in a classroom.
- Create learning material, as required.
- Ensure that lesson plans are followed and that the training schedule is adhered to.
- Complete and submit lesson plans to the Project Manager – one week before the lesson takes place.
- Ensure and check all formalities
- Marking all assignments and giving learners feedback
- Moderation of learner portfolio of evidence
- Ensure timeline and deliverables of the project are adhered to
- Prepare reports and maintain records of work accomplishments and administrative information as required.
Seniority Level: Associate Level
APPLY NOW: https://airtable.com/shrwhILEGDTEONinZ